Feb 23, 2011

Christina Applegate: Holding Baby Sadie to My Chest Was Profound


The moments after childbirth were extraordinarily profound for Christina Applegate, who dropped her defenses and pulled daughter Sadie to her chest, a part of her body that she's kept closely guarded since her double mastectomy in 2008.
"I dropped my gown, which I don't do," the Hall Pass star, 39, says in an interview airing Tuesday on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. "This part of my body [her chest] is very private to me ... that's a real private place. A place that I don't have a good relationship with, let's say. But at that moment of pulling her out, I just tore that [gown] off."
It was a sign of just how open she was to her new daughter. "There's a room full of people that I don't know. Nurses and doctors," says Applegate – this week's PEOPLE cover girl, along with Sadie. "And she and I just lay there. It was the best thing that's ever happened to me."

20 comments:

pascal said...

I didn't know her life. Rhanks for your post.

shelly said...

I'M ONE TO PROTECT MY GIRLS, TOO. HOWEVER, I DON'T SHOW OFF MY LEGS. THEY NEVER GO WITH ANYTHING I WEAR.

Packing One said...

hi.Olivia ..

your blog is very cute

maybe it was appropriate to the character yourself.

^_^

Herdiansyah said...

Nice Post....

lamngai said...

Good post n cute blog

Grysh Co said...

Her daughter is so lucky to have a mother like her. :)

GRYSH
http://gryshco.com

Share With Irfan said...

Hello Olivia, this is my first visit to your blog. Nice looking and very informative. I'm glad to find you on bloggers and hope you dont mind making a friendship with me. Cheers..treasure73

Sheryl Hastings said...

I didn't even know that she had a baby. Looks like a situation with a lucky baby and a lucky mommy!

Anastasios said...

I so like this girl, even since the 'married with children' :)
xoxo

Dial Doctors said...

It's amazing how significant that small gesture is for her. Women who have gone through partial or complete mastectomies can be embarrassed or they may feel conflicted by this area of their body. It's hard to put into words (specially for someone who's never been through it) but they basic idea is happiness that you survived but anger for what you have lost. It goes to show you the bond and love between a mother and child is strong enough to tear down the fears and doubt you may have.

drummer said...

hi .. its a nice share. thanks

TheDollsFactory said...

The baby is so lucky to have her for a mom.

come and say Hi
The Dolls Factory

Unknown said...

This is so precious. And did she just give birth?? Look at her body!!! She looks amazing!!

Hanz, Fashionista Era Design said...

Amazing she looks...wow!

cheers
www.fashionistaera.blogspot.com

Ummiega said...

Nice post, thanks. Have a great day.

binkbenk said...

Hello girls,,,
U blog is beautyful and U too :)

Please Leave U comment on my Blog Here
CUEROSBHELATOS

Unknown said...

Hi dear! I received your friend request on bloggers.com and came to visit! Love your blog and am now following on here! I love Christina Applegate! I'm so happy for her! I hope you will come visit my blog too and follow if you like! xx Pip

http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

Obat Keputihan said...

postingan yang bagus tentang christina applegate holding baby sadie my chest was profound

Chuck Bluestein said...

Very good article!

Obat Penyubur Rahim said...

added slang wrote the blog more interesting and more ... continue

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Fashionista Next Door. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver